Federal and State Veterans Services
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Access and manage your VA benefits and health care.
- Ohio Department of Veteran Services Learn about the Ohio Department of Veterans Services. Discover all of the programs, responsibilities, endeavors and goals of our state agency.
Military Service Records
- National Archives Military Service Records Most veterans and their next of kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and military service records.
- Ohio Military Records and Honors The Ohio Department of Veterans Services has discharge papers from the early 1800’s through current for veterans who enlisted from Ohio and who requested a copy be sent back to the state. ODVS also has wartime bonus records prior to 1993 and records for the Ohio Veterans Bonus enacted in 2009.
Legislation Regarding Veteran Benefits
- Code of Federal Regulations Title 38 View the Title 38 Code of Federal Regulations documents.
- Ohio Revised Code Title 59 Veterans-Military Affairs View the Title 59 of Ohio Revised Code.
- Veterans Benefits Administration Veterans benefits help Veterans and their families buy homes, earn degrees, start careers, stay healthy, and more.
- Ohio Benefit Resources Find many resources for Ohio veterans and their families.
- Ohio Veterans Benefit Resource Guide Since 1886, Ohio has provided help for Veterans, their spouses and children, and surviving family members of deceased Veterans. These services are provided through County Veterans Service Offices in each county.
- milConnect With milConnect, DoD affiliates and beneficiaries manage their benefits and records through a convenient self-service portal. Integrated applications give them secure access to many of their personal and personnel records held in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). The milConnect FAQ provides the most up-to-date policies, procedures and resources for making the most of their entitlements and benefits.
- PACT Act The PACT Act is a new law that expands VA health care and benefits for Veterans exposed to burn pits and other toxic substances.
- My healthevet About My HealtheVet offers you tips and tools to help you partner with your health care team, so together you may work to manage your health. Here you may find useful resources when you need them.
- Veterans Health Administration Honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
- Delta Dental Offers quality dental care for Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries.
- Heroes with Hearing Loss Supports veterans in their search for hearing assistive technologies.
- CaptionCall Mobile App Use your mobile device to make and receive captioned phone calls.
- Hamilton Mobile CapTel App App delivers reliable captioning for the hearing impaired.
- Inter-Service Family Assistance Committee (ISFAC) A state level committee comprised of military, state and federal government, veteran service organizations, and private sector companies/organizations that meet quarterly to join forces and align resources in support of Ohio troops and military families.
- Supportive Services for Veterans Families (SSVF) Helps and supports low-income veterans who are homeless, at risk of homelessness and/or need help transitioning to permanent housing.
- National Center for PTSD Clinical care and social welfare of America’s Veterans and others who have experienced trauma, or who suffer from PTSD, through research, education, and training in the science, diagnosis, and treatment of PTSD and stress-related disorders.
- VET Centers Services include counseling for needs such as depression, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and the psychological effects of military sexual trauma (MST). Can also connect you with more support in VA and your community. All services are strictly confidential.
- Veterans Crisis Line If you’re a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one, the Veterans Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource that connects you to a real person specially trained to support Veterans.
- OhioCares Strives to connect military personnel, veterans, and their families to important behavioral health services.
- Honor Flight Columbus Honor Flight Columbus is a nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring America’s veterans from WWII through the Vietnam War with a trip to Washington DC to visit their service and war memorials. These trips are free of charge to any qualified veteran.
- Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame Recognizes the post-military efforts of outstanding Ohioans who contribute to their communities.
- National Cemetery Administration The Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) National Cemetery Administration maintains 155 national cemeteries in 42 states and Puerto Rico as well as 34 soldier’s lots and monument sites.
- Ohio National VA Cemeteries The Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) National Cemetery Administration maintains 5 national cemeteries in Ohio.
- Flag Etiquette Historic details of how the U.S. flag came to be, the rules and regulations of display, disposal or folding of the flag from the VFW.
- Holiday Guide Guide to when and how to fly the American flag from the National Flag Foundation.
- Half Staff VA guide to flying the American Flag at half-staff.
- Ohio Memory Collaborative statewide digital library program of the Ohio History Connection and the State Library of Ohio
Other Supporting Organizations
- Blue Star Mothers of America The Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc. is a non-partisan, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Mothers, stepmothers, grandmothers, foster mothers and female legal guardians who have children serving in the military, guard or reserves, or children who are veterans. Support each other and their children while promoting patriotism.
- Ohio Veteran Organizations List from Ohio Department of Veteran Services.
- Ultimate Veteran Adventures Mission is to provide healing through hunting, fishing, and other outdoor adventures.